Rockstar designer? You're in the right place.
Hook is a fast paced, culture driven creative agency in Springfield, Missouri. We have a diverse local, regional and national client roster ranging from donut shops to boutique hotels.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer to assist in the day-to-day tasks. You will have the ability to help shape branded digital content. We want someone who can work with precision under tight timeframes, bring ideas to the table, and exceed our clients' expectations on a daily basis.
Candidate must be proficient in Graphic Design with a good understanding of UX Design. Degree? Way cool, but not a dealbreaker. A portfolio must be included with examples of digital design
- Creating branded content for digital and print
- Designing web pages for mobile and desktop
- UX design
- Branding + identity development
- Passionate about graphic design with a keen eye for photography, design, and typography
- Familiar with current design trends and best practices for both print and digital work
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud platforms and skilled in typography, layout, hierarchy, and branding
- Detailed oriented, multi-tasker who is able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who is comfortable collaborating with and taking direction from the design team
- A critical thinker and creative problem solver who efficiently troubleshoots problems without compromising design standards
- Customer service focused with a personable demeanor
- Genuine, positive, and uplifting attitude that inspires coworkers and clients
- Self-starter who is internally driven to make things better and to exceed expectations
- A solid understanding of responsive design, with a focus on mobile devices
- The ability to work within strict branding guidelines.
The following skills are not necessary, but will be highly advantageous:
- Basic animation skills
- Basic web development skills (HTML + CSS)
What we offer:
- We have a tight-knit team comprised of passionate self-starters
- Laid back culture
WHO YOU ARE:
• A designer with 1 -2 years experience with a BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Support senior team members with design projects; from concept research to design implementation
• Execute on direction given by senior design team on projects such as logo/branding design, signage, packaging, digital design, and miscellaneous collateral or print pieces
• Develop innovative design solutions and contribute to the evolution of existing brand images
• Assist with print production and coordination of approved design work
• Manage timing and deliverables for project work
• Provide assistance to clients in a professional, clear, and friendly manner
- Excellent eye for color and design
- Strong conceptualization, sketching and ideation skills
- Strong understanding of trends and how to apply them to product
- Understanding of materials, printing techniques
- Strong knowledge of color separation, color reduction, textures, repeats, etc.
- Deep understanding of Adobe programs
- A collaborative attitude and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in this fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and project management skills with a strength in managing multiple deadlines
- Hard work ethic, desire to learn and grow
- Ambitious, outgoing, self-driven and a joy to work with in a team environment
Degree? Way cool, but not a dealbreaker.